Why choose Dual Immersion?
Language fluency requires five to seven years of practice. Research shows that overtime, children who maintain and develop academic language skills in their first language, while learning a second language, have more academic success by middle and high school than those who don't.
In dual immersion programs, students attain higher levels of fluency in both English and the target language, while performing competitively in all academic subjects. Knowledge learned through one language paves the way for knowledge learned in the second language. For example, your child learns math in Spanish and will demonstrate knowledge in English, too, once your child acquires the academic language skills in English.
Benefits of a Dual ProgramAt the end of a dual program, students will achieve:
- Bilingualism and bi-literacy
- Academic excellence in two languages
- Positive cross-cultural relationships and self-esteem
- Access to more career choices and opportunities
- An overall improvement in school performance and problem-solving skills